Revised benchmarks for Community Social Services members
The Community Social Services Employers Association and Community Social Services Barganining Association Committee has been working jointly to determine necessary wage adjustments, which are scheduled for April 1, 2017 and April 1, 2018. The wage grids for 2017, including the Economic Stability Dividend and General Wage Increase, will be released shortly.
The committee reviewed all 62 benchmarks and agreed to the following revisions.
(There are no changes to the grid levels)
- Accountant – Minor revisions to qualifications.
- Community Support Worker – Slight language changes were made.
- Secretary, Reception/General Office Clerk, Administrative Assistant and Administrative Supervisor – These positions have been renamed Administrative Assistant 1, 2, 3 and 4, respectively. Language in the benchmarks have also been slightly revised and modernized.
- Occupational Therapist – Updates to qualifications were made.
- Physiotherapist – Updates to qualifications were made.
- Residence Nurse –This position has been renamed Nurse and some modernization and revisions were made to duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
- Behavioural Therapist – Title change to Behaviour Consultant
New benchmarks were created for the following positions:
- Licensed Practical Nurse – Grid 13P
- Community Connector – Grid 12
- Supervised Access Worker – Grid 10
- Emergency Shelter Worker – Grid 6
Joint Job Evaluation Plan (JJEP) Documents
The committee also reviewed internal and external JJEP documents and can report the following updates:
- The New/Changed Job Form has been revised to include updated contact information and a fillable is now available by contacting CSSEA.
- The Benchmark and Benchmark Ratings document has been updated to include new and revised benchmarks.
The joint committee will continue to meet to address new and outstanding issues. If you have any questions, call 604-515-8889, toll-free 1-800-663-6119 or email @email.