Occupational Health and Safety
Christine Haessig, cytogenetics, Vancouver
A safe and healthy workplace
As a member of HSA, you've got access to experts who can help ensure you can do your job free from fear of injury, exposure to harmful materials or having to do something that isn't safe.
HSA conducts regular OHS training for stewards -- check our events page if you'd like to find out how to attend the next one.
Contact HSA with any questions you have about safety in your workplace by contacting your steward to getting in touch with HSA's office.
Leaflets for your workplace
- Preventing Violence in the Health Care Workplace: a series of nine leaflets
Ergonomic safety for sonographers
- Best Practices for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers: Understanding and Minimizing Risk of Musculoskeletal Injury: HSA worked with WorkSafeBC to develop this important study on reducing injury among diagnostic medical sonographers.
Bulletins and OHS news
- OH&S news bulletins
- OH&S-related articles from The Report
- WorkSafeBC Health Care Updates: subscribe to this email bulletin about OHS issues in health care
Other OHS training opportunties
Awards and recognition for HSA members
- Preventing Violence in Community Social Services: A Review and Survey in British Columbia: Summary report for the Joint Committee on Preventing Violence in the Workplace by Barton A. Jessup, Ph.D., R.Psych.
- Early Intervention Program (EIP)
- OH&S organizations and resources
- OHS Regulation & related materials: link to WorkSafeBC's informative website