Level Two OH&S Training (Virtual)
HSA is pleased to offer this one-day virtual workshop specifically designed for Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) stewards and Joint Occupational Health and Safety (JOHS) representatives working to support members with their occupational health and safety concerns.
DATE: November 29, 2022
TIME: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
LOCATION: Virtual – WebEx details to follow
Level Two OH&S Steward Training
This course further develops the knowledge and skills that OH&S stewards and JOHS committee representatives need to be effective occupational health and safety advocates. Participants will leave this course feeling more empowered and confident in addressing OH&S hazards and in their role as JOHS committee representatives.
This course is offered to OH&S stewards and alternates, as well as JOHS committee representatives and alternates who have already completed HSA Basic OH&S training.
In this course, participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety law and policy framework, as well as collective agreement provisions that support OH&S
- Review recent and relevant OH&S law and policy
- Review the composition, structure, duties, and functions of JOHS committees
- Build tools and strategies for JOHS committee effectiveness, including JOHS recommendations and incident investigations
- Practice advocacy skills using the tools and resources explored in the course
Register early, space is limited.
To register for this workshop log into My Events Registration using the prompts provided. Workshops are listed under Steward Education events. Please select ‘create a login’ through the Event Registration and click on the ‘here’ to receive your member ID by email or call the HSA office at 604.517.0994 or 1.800.663.6119 if you do not know your HSA member ID number.