Interested in serving on the Community Action Program for Children Advisory Committee?
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) in BC is looking for individuals to serve on the Community Action Program for Children (CAPC) Advisory Committee.
The purpose of the CAPC Advisory Committee is to make recommendations on CAPC-specific funding and policy, including program implementation and evaluation, to PHAC. By participating as an Advisory Committee member, an individual has the opportunity to provide input that will shape the delivery of the program in BC.
PHAC is currently seeking representation from the following:
- CAPC project representative, Fraser region*
- CAPC project representative, Interior region*
- CAPC participant representative (2)
Additional members will be selected for their organizational affiliation or expertise which may include:
- Early Childhood Development Specialist
- Provincial Public Health Nursing Leader
- Regional Health Authority representative
* An additional letter of support from your host agency is also required.
The attached letter states that the agency will allow you to participate without any penalties (e.g. loss of pay, etc).
Details on this call for expression of interest can be found in the attached documents. The terms of reference for the advisory committee have also been attached.
Key points for consideration:
- Submission deadline is September 29th, 2010;
- A selection committee will review submissions and make decisions regarding Advisory Committee membership by October 1st, 2010;
- The Advisory Committee will have a face-to-face meeting in Vancouver in January 2011. Advisory Committee members should be available to participate in this meeting.
If you have questions regarding this expression of interest, contact Nikki Winter (604/658.2814, email: @email).